Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Strangely Blogged 2021: Year in Review

 

I haven't been doing year in review posts or top fives or whatever for a few years because it felt weird to gather my personal best and show it off, but I guess I'm over that? So anyway, here's a year in review from me because this was some kind of year, all right. 


January: Little Noted but Long Remembered  : Just post 1/6, angry and patriotic. 

February: Unraveled Bolero: Just who was that man the GOP was bound to sell their country and themselves out for? 

March: While They Were in the Nursery: Where I dress-down Republicans for championing lazy culture war bullshit over effective policies because they are puerile. 

April: Let Them Know, Joe! : I'm encouraged that the Biden Administration understands the stakes and will do good things.

May: The Republican War on History: I take a look at why CRT is being attacked by the GOP and it is not good. 

June: TWGB: The Once and Future President: This is who the GOP are putting all their chips on? Seriously?

July: The Fall of Icarus:  Where I consider that mythology tells us something about our climate change and COVID-19 denialists.

August: Denial and Co-Dependency in Afghanistan:  I sum up recent Afghanistan War history and why the war must be over, and how the Biden Administration can only do the best they can with the cards dealt.

September: It's the Public Health, Stupid: In which I note that GOP COVID-19 policies are stupid ulture-war signifying and deadly

September Bonus:  Dolchstoß-Legende and Trump's Lost Cause : In which I notice that Trump and his followers are a little too interest in the ideas of Civil War and a Lost Cause.

October: Die Fahn Hoch: Obvious fascists are being obvious (basically, whenever I title a blogpost in German, I think my observations are grim, sadly).

November: Autumn of Our Discontent: We are living in an absurd timeline and people believe increasingly desperate and bizarre things.

December: The Big Lie and The Big Liars Telling It: How can anyone democratically support a party that just doesn't believe in democracy anymore? 


Anyway, that's my year. in review. Here's to a better New Year--even if I'm skeptical and even a little paranoid about that (but would my readers expect less?).

No comments:

TWGB: All the King's Goons

  It took me awhile, but I remembered when Matt Gaetz used Twitter to harass witness against Trump, Michael Cohen (he was cleared of wrongdo...