Wednesday, December 29, 2021

December is a Dark Month

 

 I haven't posted about the suckularity lately because to me, living in "pandemic time" only meant becoming wrapped up in the passing of so many lives and I never wanted to turn the blog over to obituaries and eulogies, but December hits hard, sometimes. Harry Reid, George Madden, April Ashley, bell hooks, Joan Didion, Mike Nesmith, even Bob Dole. Anne Rice, E.O. Wilson, Sarah Weddington. I note their passing, but just can't bring myself to write the damn things about them. 

Their time and mine intersected, and for their merits and their flaws, you can look anywhere, but as for me, it's memento mori as much as anything else. We carry the good in our memories and follow their positive example. 

That's all I've got.

No comments:

Vance Walked into This So Hard

  KAITLAN COLLINS: So you agree that people who break in and vandalize a building should be prosecuted? JD VANCE: Yes COLLINS: Ok, I'm...