Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Catch-2022

 

I've blogged about disasters to mark the New Year, but that hardly seems necessary now, and I've blogged about the necessity for truth to usher in a year that was as full of bullshit as ever. So, for what it is worth, I offer what I know about the New Year before it has even gotten under way: the Catch-2022:

We are all in this together, therefore we will all have to be in this together. 

The power to change direction doesn't rely on any one person alone, but on many people deciding, alone, that change is possible and that they will work towards it. The catch is not everyone sees change as positive or even understands the stakes. But just because some people don't see the problem doesn't mean the problem isn't also theirs. And choices people make for themselves often affect others. 

There isn't a way out of that, you can only do what is best for yourself and others. Take care of yourselves, friends. Make the most of the time. 


No comments:

The Elephant at the Protest

  I am completely opposed to the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from Gaza, I genuinely think the Rafah operation will be a bloodbath and s...