Tuesday, August 16, 2022

It is a BFD Kind of Day

 

President Biden handed Senator Manchin that pen like he was awarding him "MVP" for this whole deal coming into focus, and as we all have heard in our workspaces--"Teamwork makes the Dream work." I'm just happy this thing passed so I can't be mad about anything Democrats did--not when Republicans exist, and stripped out provisions like the $35 a month cap on insulin. We have seen who they are and what they want--and it isn't good things for their constituents, apparently. 

In the meanwhile, the Biden Administration made hearing aids more available and affordable and cancelled the debt of people who took now-defunct ITT Tech courses. He wants to do good things that make a meaningful, positive effect on how Americans live. That is what I think a president should do and be. 

Our having Joe Biden as president is a BFD. He cares about people. I trust him. I did not trust the former guy. He never earned that trust and never did anything I thought was for us. I think his supporters are very confused about what he stood for. Trump tried to kill the ACA. Biden wants the ACA to work, and for prescription drugs to be more affordable. 

They are not the same. 

Once again, from my heart, I am telling you, there is no good reason to vote for Republicans ever, but definitely not this cycle. Joe Biden has a congress right now that lets him deliver good things. Republicans will never do good things, only retaliatory and culture war bullshit. Give him more Democrats, and better things will happen. I goddamn guarantee. 


No comments:

Kari Lake, the Armor of God, and the Filter of Vaseline

  Kari Lake called on her supporters in Arizona to arm themselves ahead of an “intense” period leading up to the election. “We are going to...