Sunday, June 18, 2023

Fuck "Debates", Joe Rogan, And RFK, Jr.

 


Why is my dismal aspect showing Jordan Peterson and RFK JR.? Why, it's because I think this child-brained silver-spoon dipshit was groomed to be the most appalling kind of gadfly buzzing around Democratic politics--a red-pilled basic Alex Jones level bitch. He believes something in the water is making people trans and gay

He isn't just an Andrew Wakefield level busted ass bitch, but a Peter Duesberg busted ass bitch.  What this dumbass supports has already been well and truly debunked and disproved in real life. 

He popped off about the Covid vaccine (which has saved many lives, and thanks, science!) and once pronounced that the Covid-19 vaccine would kill all of us who took it somehow. I've been jabbed four times. You tell me how I am still here.  5G towers are mind control, Fauci and Bill Gates made Covid-19 for some kind of underpants gnomes kind of profit, blah blah blah.


Look, I'm not saying he's a bad guy. I'm just saying all the things he stands for right now are bad, and maybe he's very dumb and doesn't know they are bad. Maybe he likes the sound of his own broken voice so much he doesn't know that his stupid "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" bullshit about pharma in general seems obscene to anyone who appreciates that no science is ever exact or finished, but all lines of inquiry lead to new discoveries. 

What I will say is no one should be obliged to debate him for the same reason no one should be obliged to debate the existence of the tooth fairy.  We don't debate whether you should wash your ass or whether you should not pick your neighbor's nose.  There are just some standards that exist for great reasons. This means Dr Hotez is in the right if he rejects the opportunity to get babbled at by a madman.  Science is peer-reviewed, which means people with the capacity to understand the relevant data do the work to try to falsify any result--and RFK Jr, is not a peer. Joe Rogan is not a peer. I like to study epidemiology and I am not a peer. (Just a weirdo with a kvetch about how modernity facilitates the rapid exposure to infections, both biological and ideological.) 

Debating RFK Jr. is accepting in part his bullshit frames and giving him yet another platform, when he should just be universally crapped upon by people who know what's up. Because my God. The man is bonkers. 

2 comments:

Jimmy T said...

I couldn't watch the video,because the lies being promoted were too awful to tolerate. I'm not sure what happened to RFK Jr, but to try and convince millions of people that vaccines don't work despite all available evidence was a bridge too far for me. I'm guessing that RFK Jr isn't concerned about his lies and BS, because he's been spouting them for a very long time...

Vixen Strangely said...

I think he's got the idea in his head that he's special and an independent thinker because he's saying things outside of the mainstream. I think he's lost the plot that some things aren't said by mainstream people because they are entirely the whole hell wrong and maybe he should go back and fact-check himself.

TWGB: All the King's Goons

  It took me awhile, but I remembered when Matt Gaetz used Twitter to harass witness against Trump, Michael Cohen (he was cleared of wrongdo...