Monday, June 28, 2021

Sold, American!


When I hear Trump superfans laud Mike Flynn as a great patriot, I always flinch a little, because I think of the degree to which his behavior amounts to a betrayal of the service he had. And that was in no small part about money, too, or it least that's what it looked like to me.  The "Q" turn never felt like a turn to me, though, because you all remember back in 2016--Mike Flynns Jr. and Sr. were spreading "Pizzagate", the progenitor of Q. And the whole mass of alternative, conspiracy-theory promotion looks like psyops from one angle, pure and simple grifting from another.

But why not both? I've often wondered about his psychology a little bit--whether some of what he does can be ascribed to getting fired by Obama, and then acting like a lover scorned with respects to America. But he was kind of a mess before. Eh. There's only so much time you can spend mulling over the motives of strangers.

But yeah, he and his lawyer sure do want paid for what they are doing "for" this country. And they will keep doing what they are doing to this country so long as it works for them, I guess.

No comments:

TWGB: This Situation is not Hypothetical

  In today's SCOTUS hearing, Samuel Alito argued that immunity for former presidents is good, actually, because without it, ex-presiden...