Thursday, April 2, 2020

COVID-19 and the Suckularity

I have discussed the "Suckularity" on the blog before,  and have tried to avoid commenting on the passing of people of note of late for fear of turning the blog into an obituary page. 2016 was brutal. 2017 continued the trend. And so on. Some passings have been mentioned, but it's an idiosyncratic thing, isn't it? 

2020 will doubtless be even more brutal. Social media makes neighbors of us all. In a way, every passing is that of someone "of note". Everyone will be personally, meaningfully affected by loss this year. 

But I don't yet know how I want to deal with that fact here. I only know that I'll have to.

No comments:

TWGB: This Situation is not Hypothetical

  In today's SCOTUS hearing, Samuel Alito argued that immunity for former presidents is good, actually, because without it, ex-presiden...