Monday, November 14, 2016

How A Trump Administration Will Look

As the President-elect Trump has not yet been sworn in, I'm trying to take the chatter about what his cabinet will look like with a grain of salt--I'm not saying I've never given in to speculation about it before, of course. It's just that some of what I'm hearing is so, so...really seriously awful.  I mean, we're looking at Rudy Giuliani or John Bolton for Secretary of State. One (Giuliani) I've regularly castigated as an abject racist, and the other (Bolton) I've whole-heartedly called a "blood-thirsty loon".  This is a picture that doesn't make me hopeful that we will see a Trump cabinet that is full of win.

I'm basically gritting my teeth about Trump settling for the "guys (mostly male) that he can get". So, take the idea that Steve Bannon of Breitbart moves from his position as the Trump Campaign CEO to senior advisor and Chief Strategist. There is this little problem called "He's known as a white supremacist". Like, this is a staffing decision the KKK and American Nazi Party endorse.  And whom one former Speaker of the House decided to say was not either anti-Semitic because he worked in finance and the media, which actually is itself kind of anti-Semitic.

But maybe Trump might feel beholden to someone who gave so much free internets publicity to his campaign and mitigated the other right-wing opposition against him?  Of course, Trump is going to think about rewarding his friends. Like Sen. Jeff Sessions.  You could probably try to complain that he doesn't even know exactly how his presidential responsibilities work--but he's going to catch on, you know. Executive experience and all that.

I just tend to think that a Trump Administration will look like the Trump Campaign. And even though it won the electoral college, gosh! I think it will be terrible. There are exactly zero things that make me think it could be otherwise.

3 comments:

Victor said...

Hedley Lama... Er, Donald J. t-RUMP, on his cabinet post preferences:
"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists."

There's more I could add to that list, but I think you know who... what they would be.

I hope every newpaper, news magazine, TV news show, etc., pre-sets the following in bold letters, for easy and often repeated access:
"After ___________ (fill-in the blank) Screw-up (Tragedy/Disaster), TRUMP SAYS TO ________(fill in the blank), YOU'RE FIRED!!!

It won't be long before he's down to Breitbart commenters and the white janitors he sorta knows at Trump Tower and his other properties being the heads of the ________(fill-in the blank) cabinet post - but no maids!

Vixen Strangely said...

OMG--many's the time I wanted a "Blazing Saddles" GIF of all the many very bad folks signing up for the crusade against Rock Ridge to sum up how I felt about the people working on Trump's campaign! I think it is concerning that he wants security clearances for his kids--does he just not trust that many people outside his inner circle? Or does he just figure they will be who he's down to, at some point?

maxk1947 said...

Given the changes in staff as the campaign rolled along, and Trump's penchant for letting "you and him" fight for power in his businesses, and Trump's thirst for revenge - how long do you think the average Cabinet member will stay in office? I can easily imagine the sackings coming faster than the confirmations.

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...