Friday, June 8, 2012

I heard them say something about raising the minimum wage--

Anyway, I made the SQUEEE sound when I saw this at ThinkProgress, even if I was at work and made the noise under my breath.

This actually is pretty much what I was on about, here.  But also, it's what I think everyone who sort of kind of understands the economy would be about--see here about aggregate demand and the inconvenient truth about our economy.  In short--if people have no jobs and no money, they can't afford shit and local businesses dry up. If they could afford shit, whole shit stores would arise to accommodate them.


2 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I can't believe that anyone lauding trickle-down economics isn't laughed out of town these days.

Vixen Strangely said...

And yet they aren't--it seems like the conversation moves from "basic economic concepts like supply and demand" to "clap if you believe in job-fairies!"

Devin Nunes is Just Asking Questions

  Trump Media CEO Devin Nunes says he has hundreds of thousands of smaller MAGA investors in Trump Media, and they are calling him asking w...