Friday, June 30, 2023

TWGB: A Few Offerings

 


I'm trying to clear my tabs, so I'll make this march--you know what I think is funny? There was no standing order to declassify documents. I'm not sure who among you may have believed it (color me a skeptic!) but we now have confirmation that appears to have been bullshit. But wasn't there just a little corner of your brain thinking "But what if he told the truth about something for once?"

Nah. Didn't think so.

Here's something--Giuliani sat down voluntarily with DOJ for a proffer. The man at the center of Trump's fateful push to overturn the election, the fraud regarding "the steal" and the fake electors. I guess he kind of stretches the definition of "reliable witness" in some ways, but he really seems to be in some real difficulty--and could be what you might call motivated? All I know is, he's not the only one. Mike Roman has a bit to do with that ill-fated enterprise as well.

And you know what else? Jack Smith is still investigating the documents probe--which I guess shouldn't shock anyone. After all, we don't really know why he had some of these docs and it might be helpful to understand who he was showing them to.  Another non-shock? Trump and his allies could be facing another few dozen or so indictments for various things.

I think he might also be charged for mishandling docs in New Jersey.  That's not subject to "loose cannons".

Is it "hot accountability summer" yet?

No comments:

MTG Doesn't Know the House She Sits In

  SEE IT FOR YOURSELF: The Uniparty cheers for the man who is actually running the House, Hakeem Jeffries. pic.twitter.com/nQcrRmSTRU — Rep...