Thursday, July 29, 2021

Mo Problems

 

From the story: 

Then, to prove his point about preparation, he revealed a new detail to me: that because of a tip he’d received about potential violence, he’d been wearing body armor at the very same Ellipse speech in which he encouraged rally attendees to “start taking down names and kicking ass.” 
“I was warned on Monday that there might be risks associated with the next few days,” he said. “And as a consequence of those warnings, I did not go to my condo. Instead, I slept on the floor of my office. And when I gave my speech at the Ellipse, I was wearing body armor. 
“That’s why I was wearing that nice little windbreaker,” he told me with a grin. “To cover up the body armor."

That's certainly a very interesting tip that Rep. Brooks got, right? Where did it come from?  Did he think it might be a good idea to share those thoughts with anyone, you know, before it all went down? Did he, realizing that the crowd might include some radicalized and potentially violent individuals, think for a minute about possibly toning the down his speech?

Given that there is no Constitutional remedy for folks who are just fighting mad and want a do-over after a legitimate election is over, did he give any thought at all to whether any of this was a good idea, or as to whether continuing to lie those those people was fair to them?  

And did he give a good goddamn about whether anyone else besides his own self might get hurt that day?

His little admission about body armor doesn't make him sound like he was properly prepared to me--it makes it sound like he understood a little more directly what was going down and did not care for any neck but his own. 

I'm sure some of these questions will come up in the lawsuit, aren't you? 


No comments:

TWGB: This Situation is not Hypothetical

  In today's SCOTUS hearing, Samuel Alito argued that immunity for former presidents is good, actually, because without it, ex-presiden...