Saturday, August 8, 2020

TWGB: Ultima Trump

Before I get into the week that was, I want to take a little note of this particular scene from Trump's Bedminster property where some folks spend a fuckton to be a member of. I've seen better carpets in bowling alleys. I know, my grand-dad made carpet for bowling alleys. And that tacky gold and black makes me cringe. I don't know exactly what the cachet of Trump country club life is worth, but then again, I have what Fuzzy Zoeller once pointed out were two real handicaps to a great swing and I prefer unmanicured nature to a giant lawn interrupted by bros trying to put something small into devious holes from a distance. I am not put off exactly by the scenario of hostile, shorted males and small, long-skirted females and the overall aura of "fuck you" radiating from the assembled Bedminsterites, for this is New Jersey. But yes, I am a little bit judging. And their posture knows folks like me exactly would.



So, do I care that Trump announced something about pre-existing conditions that the ACA (Obamacare) always had? Meh. He is so jealous of a man he despises I can't muster pity or hate. Can he do this? Eh. If Obama could do DACA as the SCOTUS just said? Maybe? So who even knows what Biden could decree, from a place that didn't look like it smelled of egg salad and white supremacy. Maybe something to do with voting rights, if Democrats didn't have the numbers in the Senate. It's a crazy mixed-up world. But I agree with the idea that extending UI is necessary so folks can sort of pay bills--but how is this a stop gap thing and Trump can't negotiate with Democrats?  I mean--Mr. Art of the Deal, right? I think Trump almost understands what he needs to do, and isn't wanting to because it would fuck with his electability with the very base he just performed for. Ain't that a bitch? Mr. Negotiation--never can be seen as a negotiator as Mr. Right-wing Grievance Guy.

Anyhow, did you know Russia is still trying to screw with our elections? It's a weird thing, and the GOP seems fine with it.

We also might be on the verge of understanding a little bit more about the Trump family reliance on Deutsche Bank, which is sketchy as all hell since Trump shouldn't have any credit based on his business failures. Sally Yates testified this week about why the Flynn lies matter.

I don't know how this is supposed to work and assume this is supposed to work by failing.

And just so you know, Trump is benefitting off of being president all the time, if you might have been somehow inclined to think that because he's denying himself a penny-ante salary, he isn' t getting paid for his presidenting. He always makes out.  He just doesn't care how all Americans do.


4 comments:

Ten Bears said...

I wonder how many votes an executive order handing out a couple thousand a month for a couple months would buy?

Vixen Strangely said...

If Trump was handing out straight up cash, I'd take his money and vote the hell against him and I can't be alone on that one.

mcfrank said...

I refuse to believe that Trump is a fan of "failed" Sondheim musicals, but I, however, immediately thought of the patter interludes to "I've Got You to Lean On" from "Anyone Can Whistle" as soon as I heard this comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nM1DBo1crw

Vixen Strangely said...

OMG--enemy of God enemy of the church hallelujah, someone to blame--that's a great find mcfrank! It works for Trump's hangers-on and the weird "marxist commie antifas like Biden are killing God" line they're trying out. (Also wow--the incredible Madeline Kahn in that clip: I always liked her.) Sondheim's snark about political miracle-workers seems to have been on-target.

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...