Monday, April 6, 2020

I Want to Buy Your Rock

What have you got to lose if you take a drug and weren't going to die anyway and then miraculously don't die. and what would anyone else have to gain? (I mean, what do you have to lose except maybe your hair or vision or life or whatever.) The thing with a certain kind of con artistry isn't that the con artist believes everyone is dumb, it's that they know there are always some people who want to believe.

I think it would be great if there was a good, not terribly expensive treatment. It's that I'm hearing a hard sell approach that makes me extra-skeptical (oh, yeah, and the source of the hard sell). But I'm cheesed off at people who say that people urging caution are "fearmongering" or "just don't want it to work". Drugs aren't magic. They also aren't like sports teams--they don't work better if people are rooting for them. That's just weird.

No comments:

Oh Look, We Found GA Voter Fraud

 It turns out, it was the GOP all along--or anyway, there was an election-denier who weirdly enough submitted multiple ineligible GOP ballot...