Wednesday, December 8, 2010

This is a visual of a compromise--



Via Steven Benen:

The clear majority of the costs here are going to Democratic priorities. And why on earth would Republicans go along with a proposal that includes expenses beyond their own priorities? Because as Jon Chait noted yesterday, "Republicans love them some rich folk," and GOP leaders are "willing to bargain away a lot to help the very rich."


I wish I had the time to go through the pro and con reax on this. I've got this, though.

I try not to be an "eleventy-dimension chess" crowing O-bot, but I suspect there is a strategery here. I also tend to think his wee lectures to the "professional left" are calculated (I'm not saying I appreciate them). After all, he's been called a Communist by Teabaggers his whole Presidency. Nothing makes those people look more foolish than him not even playing like he's appeasing the mere Liberals.

Or I could just be rationalizing. That, too. Alas. That, too.

No comments:

The Elephant at the Protest

  I am completely opposed to the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from Gaza, I genuinely think the Rafah operation will be a bloodbath and s...