Sunday, September 21, 2014

Philadelphia--there's Hope.

I was fairly negative with the title of my last blog-post regarding the assault of a gay couple in my city, but was heartened by the immediate internet response and the possibility that this event could lead to hate-crime legislation inclusive of sexual orientation. (Our Democratic candidate of governor, Tom Wolf, has made a statement in favor of this--good for him!)

And although the Diocesan response is still problematic, I think it should be acknowledged that a message was sent that the dignity of persons should be respected, not violently violated. This was a terrible example of how people can really suck, but also shows, I'd like to think, where change can take place.

I still hope those bigoted assholes get theirs, though.

No comments:

TWGB: This Situation is not Hypothetical

  In today's SCOTUS hearing, Samuel Alito argued that immunity for former presidents is good, actually, because without it, ex-presiden...