Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In an election year full of crazies, isn't it nice to know some are incumbents?

Of course, I mean nice sarcastically, as in "not very nice or reassuring at all." Which is why I'm linking to this campaign ad for Billy Kennedy, who is running against NC Congresswoman Virginia Foxx, who I'm sure I've had the occasion to blog about before:



Is it harsh to call her "crazy"?* Yes. Because the truth hurts.

(h/t Digby)

*Although the drawback is that the word "crazy" has disablist connotations. I'm not sure if there's a good way to call her an "asshole" in a campaign ad, which would be more accurate on giving it a good think. I get that the use of "crazy" here is "sharing a viewpoint strongly at odds with objective reality", but the word can be off-putting.

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...