Friday, May 28, 2010

If it seems like there was a post about ambivalence--

I was totally ambivalent about it. Tossed it. The problem with writing about ambivalence is that it's so hard to feel any particular way about not knowing what particular way to feel, except confused. I didn't enjoy the rhetorical direction that confusion was taking me, though.

Basically, long story short--I was torn between feeling like a punk-ass accomodationist or feeling like a big-mouth ideologue. I've checked my pulse on this and have resolved to remain unresolved about which kind of jerk I want to be, leaning slightly more towards the kind of jerk who is right over the kind of jerk who is nice.

(Can't one be nice and right at the same time? one might ask. Not often enough, I'm beginning to think. Not often enough.)

No comments:

TWGB: And the Portions are Too Small!

  The downtrodden billionaire schlump, Donald Trump, has laid bare his soul to move us to pity and fear (first as tragedy, then as farts) by...