Sunday, January 6, 2008

One of the most genius things you're likely to see here: Harpo

More in my vein of "Humor in music--how do they do that?" from another great:





But with Harpo--the thing is both: how serious, but how different. With Woody Allen, it's an unexpected skill (Why should he be such a good musician, really, on top of everything else? I'm going to watch one of his movies again, and try not liking it so much. Maybe "The Purple Rose of Cairo." That one made me cry anyway.) The odd thing with Harpo is we consider him the mute buffo--the clown. But he is actually quite a musician.


But let's be less serious, this is after all, what passes for "the great" in music interpretation right now with me:



Which would not be so good without starting from an appreciation of the music in the first place. I laugh because "I know."

I don't put them both on the same plane--but offer a "comparison and contrast": One artist transfixes--one trangresses--both know their shit. Interesting contrast. One subtle--one, a, well, brick of cheese.

I don't really know why I post stuff like this.

No comments:

TWGB: Von Shitzinpantz

  Trump: I’m not allowed to testify. I’m under a gag order pic.twitter.com/4qeH81ERWo — Acyn (@Acyn) May 2, 2024 It's hard not to view ...