Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tara Reade Doesn't Live Here Anymore

 

In news that shouldn't surprise anyone with the attention span of a guppy, Tara Reade will not actually be testifying before Congress about her allegations against Joe Biden, but will now be defecting to Russia, because she just doesn't feel like she has a choice (between perjuring herself over a dead-horse op and, I dunno, not doing that). Her good friend Maria Butina will be helping her with this, because of course. Maria Butina seems to like many Americans very much. 

(NOTE: She's just very friendly, you guys.) 

Look, I tended to disbelieve Reade from the start as what I thought was an obvious homebrew ratfuck (and one that misused Me Too and survivor stories), but seeing her sitting with Butina makes a weird kind of sense. I mean, her attitude is just "use me".  And there are people who are very comfortable using people like Reade. The Russians certainly would in continuing support of Donald Trump, a thing which has long lost plausible deniability except for the very self-deluding.

So when she complains about America's unpaved roads in a country where not everyone has indoor plumbing, or talks up Hunter's laptop, and so forth, all I can say is, take it with a grain if you have any inclination to believe it. Of salt or polonium-210. Whatever floats your boat.



3 comments:

Ten Bears said...

I don't want to go there, but there is a glaringly obvious fly in all that oinkment ...

Jimmy T said...

Tara Reade is about to find out how brutally Putin treats his people. I have no sympathy for her at all. Basically, she fu*ked around and now she's gonna find out...

Vixen Strangely said...

Reade's life is about to be quite circumscribed and her delusions about Putin are going to come a bit undone, that's for sure. I don't know whether her appearance makes her more or less sympathetic, I do know that I don't care what you look like, I will judge you for what you do, and Reade is unsympathetic because she's been a liar and a grifter and if I feel sorry for a big ol' gal who might have her own trauma somewhere along the line, it doesn't justify being a propagandist for a hostile foreign power. I can't talk about her appearance (I'm what you might call sturdy, strapping, or possible a "brick outhouse") but her actions. And they are super critical and suspect.

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...