Monday, January 20, 2020

McConnell's Speedo Trial

Far be it for me to place any unexpected images in your head, but when I look at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's plan to dramatically shorten the period of time allotted to make statements and present the case, as well as placing certain hurdles on getting new information accepted into the process, I can't help but think that what, in McConnell's mind is a "speedy" trial, is a little bit more like a "Speedo" trial.

You know. it might look all very well and good in his mind, but I don't think there will be enough material there to cover Trump's ass. And if the appearances don't fit, did you really acquit?



2 comments:

Tom Shefchik said...

You made me picture McConnell in that speedo. Darn you!

Vixen Strangely said...

Sorry about that. The GOP senators don't seem to realize this yet, but they will all be in these ridiculously small metaphorical swim trunks together. (I did not make the image better, did I?)

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...