Monday, August 10, 2020

America Needs Football


I dunno, man, I really just don't know.

UPDATE:  Well, I don't know but have ideas. But we're learning that even very fit, young athletes are experiencing what could be long-term heart damage from contracting COVID-19.  I don't trust schools to do what's in the best interests of their student athletes . And it's questionable that even under ideal circumstances, they will be capable of taking every reasonable precaution.  And I get it--school athletics are a big part of campus life and many students are attending on sports scholarships, and sports programs will suffer financially. But we shouldn't be so willing to play games with young people's lives.

The cheesy graphic is courtesy of MS Paint and Jim Jordan's Tweet proclaiming that "America needs college football", which in my pop-culture-enfeebled brain reminded me of the SF cult classic "Mars Needs Women". Yes, I made a typo, which I think adds to the overall melty Velveeta fries charm of the composition.

"America needs college football" was then echoed by Mike Pence, and now it feels like we've got some BIG PARTY COORDINATION going on. It's marginally culture warish. The Purity of our Gatorade baptisms/electrolytes plants crave energy is very significant. Wow, very jock. Messaging machine go BRRRRR.



2 comments:

bt1138 said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me help you to understand what REAL Americans think is important.

Vixen Strangely said...

In pick-up truck-driving Real America, we love the church, our family, our men and women in uniform, and God's own sport Footbawl. Footbawl invigorates the body and ennobles the spirit. Can I get an amen? And if it wasn't for politics destroying this country we'd all be standing up for the anthem right now in the one true hut hut faith.

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...