Thursday, January 2, 2020

Fire and Water to Start the New Year



It's hard to imagine the scale of these fires and the sheer area of damage, but it is necessary to try, because when people talk about "new normal", it means this is what wildfire season will mean.




Jakarta has been sinking; rising seas and more intense storms are a part of climate change. Such phenomena will be devastating to coastal cities in the near-future.

I wish I'd been able to start the new year with a happier post, but I also can't help but think of people who are facing death, loss, and massive disruption from these events, and how humanity has to look at what is going on to find our way past our destructive practices in order to continue surviving. My thoughts are with those impacted, now and in the future.





No comments:

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...