Friday, August 18, 2017

Thinking of Barcelona, Cambrils, and Turku

This has been a week where, as a US blogger, I have been wrapped up in the confrontation in Charlottesville this past weekend and apprehensive of the coming events this coming weekend, to have addressed the attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils, and also in Finland.  However often such events occur, they are always senseless, and say nothing of politics or religion so much as the desperate and violent nature of the wretched people who carried them out. And I have always been amazed at the ability of communities to come together in strength and love, lean on one another, and rise above the terror and shock. 

My regards to these places and my condemnation of such violence are my only offering. Sympathy for the stricken and condemnation of violence being, I think, the least and most basic human position for such terrors. Anything more, perhaps, is too much, and unnecessary. I mourn with you and us all, in a world where terror and stupidity are like currency, but actual lives are spent.

No comments:

Is the Royal Family's Comms Broken?

  #KateMiddleton seemed to be in good spirits while out and about with #PrinceWilliam Saturday. https://t.co/kLUsfvt3b2 (🎥: TMZ/The Sun...