Monday, October 12, 2015

Missed Connections 2016: Rick Santorum

Sometimes, as a political blogger, you do a piece o' prognosticating, as I did five months ago, opining that if Rick Santorum were to run again, I would be on that like spaghetti sauce on a particularly nice white blouse, and many hits to my blog would ensue because curiosity would reign about who, exactly, this 21st century Savonarola is.

This has entirely not manifested. I am sure he is delivering the speeches most derpulent, but they are like the tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear. The profounder nonsense of Trump, Carson, Huckabee, and even Jeb! take center stage.

Santorum's babble doesn't even set off alarms anymore. He's not competing with Huckabee over the social issues stuff, and is just touting his boring flat tax. I don't know if Santorum can credibly do the Steve Forbes thing better than Steve Forbes did the Steve Forbes thing. Ted Cruz is already there, and also has the Bible-bangy bits, too. I'm not sure what Santorum has left to work with.

I'm calling him for next fish to float.

No comments:

Oh Look, We Found GA Voter Fraud

 It turns out, it was the GOP all along--or anyway, there was an election-denier who weirdly enough submitted multiple ineligible GOP ballot...