Saturday, December 27, 2014

It's that Time Again! The Jon Swift Memorial Roundup 2014 is Up at Vagabond Scholar!

I have to admit, this is one of the best traditions of the internet of which I am aware--a great compilation of the best posts by small blogs during the year, as picked by the bloggers themselves. It's a great opportunity to read blogs one hasn't come across before, to re-read great pieces appearing earlier in the year, and to see it as a kind of "year in review" of what everyone was talking about.

So, I recommend whole-heartedly getting over to this year's offerings, compiled by the one and only Batocchio. It's a lot to take in, so I suggest bookmarking it and checking back in when you have to time to sample a few pieces. It's always worth it. This year, I contributed my grim rumination on misogyny and violence "Men Who Hate Women", not cheerful reading, but a theme my blog comes back to occasionally, sadly.

Anyway, there's something for everyone!

Oh! And speaking of small-blog support, might I mention stopping by Crooks and Liars' Tenth Anniversary Fundraiser? The regular feature, "Mike's Blog Roundup", does a wonderful job of locating some of the best blog posts from smaller blogs--I know my humble little place has benefited a lot by attention from contributors Tengrain and Monkeyfister. (Oh--err, and Michael Stickings *blushing*. Basically, we little bloggers owe Crooks and Liars a bit for sticking up for us and being a great resource for juicy video caps and whatnot. So, you know.)

1 comment:

Batocchio said...

Thanks for participating and for spreading the word! (Also, good submitted piece.)

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...