Thursday, March 13, 2014

Just a Sample of Regnerus for The Uninitiated

I know people who aren't either homophobes or students of LGBT oppression probably are not familiar with Mark Regnerus, the author of the study usually gone to when homophobes try and cough up something like a sociological reason why same sex couples should not be wed. So I think a wee primer might be in order, since Mark Regnerus is a named expert witness for the defense in the case against the Michigan same-sex marriage ban. 

In addition to thinking that gay families are somehow less good than the families made by straight people, even though he had so much finagling to do to get that result, Regnerus believes gay marriage will have an effect on straight couples.   To wit: men will either want adultery or anal sex.

Because there is no time before the acceptance of gay marriage that men ever wanted to have some strange or anal.

That opinion right there is amazing to me as a mostly-straight lady. To my very basic experience, straight- experienced men have long had a yen for strange and have occasionally requested anal from their female partners. This knowledge predates the acceptance of gay marriage. I believe these requests were non-exceptional and actually representative of normal straight-male sexual fetishes.

I do not find it plausible that Regnerus is a good or even acceptable researcher when it so happens that not only is he not clear on what gay relations are about, but he has so entirely misjudged straight relations, so much so that any newsstand issue of Cosmo could straighten him out. Seriously.

I think his testimony is useless, but like that  it will be out there for the major debunking.

3 comments:

Yastreblyansky said...

Inside the Regnerus mind

Husband: Hey, babe.
Wife: No.
Husband: Aw, come on.
Wife: No. No way.
Husband: Please?
Wife: Shut up.
Husband: If I was married to a dude I bet he'd let me.

Anonymous said...

surprisingly enough, there's lots of straight women who actually enjoy anal sex. I know this from personal experience, having been asked by said women to do exactly that, without my even having brought the subject up first. I don't know, maybe they read my mind.

Vixen Strangely said...

It seems like anti-gay activists in general have a big hang-up about and concern with the "evils" of anal sex. Makes one wonder. You don't see the same thing with oral, though.

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...