Saturday, September 14, 2013

Consider the Poor Blighted Boehner

From time to time, as a meditation for the strengthening of my empathy, or humility, or...well, whatever I do it for, I like to consider the plight of the less-fortunate by really taking the time to put myself into their shoes. If they have shoes. So it was inevitable that I would consider what it would be like to be Speaker of the House John Boehner. There's a guy I don't envy. I like to say he resembles the ringmaster of a flea circus that has gone to the dogs. He has options on preventing a government shut-down, but I understand why he doesn't like any of them. He does not seem the person who quite wants to confront the crazies of his party even if it is the most obvious thing to do.

It's possible that he feels a kind of debt to the people who got him into office for all these years. But that, too, could eventually bite him in the ass.  Somewhat like a flea turning on the dog he rode on in, you might say.

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...