Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans' Day Remembrance



To all of those who served, I salute your dedication and service to this country. My relationship with military issues is a little complicated, in that I am dismayed at how these two wars have played out, and at odds with many of the choices affecting how the War on Terror was waged. I have deep concerns about the influence of religion in the military culture, and I have hope regarding the end of DADT. I worry about the culture that still hasn't become a safe space for women, and that at the highest ranks has a relationship with government contractors that I don't see as appropriate. (And don't get me started on the skulduggery about how the high suicide, PTSD, and other mental health issues of our vets are not getting the attention they deserve.)

But as to the regular man or woman whose service to this country demanded dedication, patriotism, and deep physical courage--you have my respect. To be willing to give your all in a cause greater than self is a remarkable thing. I appreciate what so many have done for this country and her people.

No comments:

Oh Look, We Found GA Voter Fraud

 It turns out, it was the GOP all along--or anyway, there was an election-denier who weirdly enough submitted multiple ineligible GOP ballot...