Sunday, October 3, 2010

For the love of Meatballs....



I finally got to watch all of Real Time and thought the show was pretty good--I tend to like it a little better when the panel skews liberal, for some reason....

Anyway, and I'm just free-associating, here:

Meatballs? Reminds me of why I never became a celibate!

If she dabbled into everything, I wonder how she would have done on the Pew religious knowledge quiz.


Hare Krishnas? They aren't even in airports anymore? Where did she come across any?


If she likes meatballs, maybe she should consider the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

And so on. The thing is, even if she seems like she's a little "reality-challenged", she always comes off as being nice*. I kid, but I don't mean any harm. Well....To her campaign, a little.

And as to the Hare Krishnas themselves, I don't mean to belittle the venerabily of the scriptures from which the teachings come--this is a group we associate with hippies, but their roots are deep in Indian culture, going back to the Bhagavad-Gita, which even if it isn't 5,000 years old is really. really old. Gilgamesh-old. They get a pop culture bum rap by being associated with hippie culture--and that would be the weirdest part for me for imagining conservative Christine falling in with them.


Edit to add: Also, did I see Richard Dawkins and S.E. Cupp were going to be at the next show? This is too awesome! One of the atheists occasionally considered too disrespectful of religion, and a conservative faithiest of few years and as yet untested sense. I'm a Dawkins fan from way back. This has my interest. With Maher moderating, I think this could be enjoyable.

*Second edit to add, "nice in a religiously bigoted homophobe-way, too."

No comments:

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...