Wednesday, September 29, 2010

That pimp thought he had Game.


I am pleased to find that one James O'Keefe has once again become news in an ignominious way. For someone who is trying to represent conservatism in a positive light, he really comes off as an attention-whoring, self-deluded, paranoid creep. Which is, to put it mildly, a bit self-defeating.

Anyway, the story in little is this: given the opportunity to be interviewed by a not-unattractive female reporter for CNN, doing a story on young conservatives with influence, Young James decided to pull a bit of a prank on a member of the mainstream media as follows:

"Izzy told me that James was going to be dressed up and have strawberries and champagne on the boat, and he was going to hit on me the whole time," Boudreau said.

A short time later, O'Keefe emerged from a boat docked behind the house. In that brief conversation, Boudreau told O'Keefe that he did not have permission to record her, and reminded him that the meeting was solely to discuss the upcoming music video shoot, and he had never mentioned that he wanted to tape their meeting.

Boudreau ended the meeting and left. After the incident, Santa gave CNN a series of e-mails she says shows O'Keefe intended to try to embarrass both the network and Boudreau through an elaborate plan.


That's just weird. What was his intention? Allegedly:

According to the document, O'Keefe was to record a video of the following script before Boudreau arrived: "My name is James. I work in video activism and journalism. I've been approached by CNN for an interview where I know what their angle is: they want to portray me and my friends as crazies, as non-journalists, as unprofessional and likely as homophobes, racists or bigots of some sort....

"Instead, I've decided to have a little fun. Instead of giving her a serious interview, I'm going to punk CNN. Abbie has been trying to seduce me to use me, in order to spin a lie about me. So, I'm going to seduce her, on camera, to use her for a video. This bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who comes on at five will get a taste of her own medicine, she'll get seduced on camera and you'll get to see the awkwardness and the aftermath.


Ah--so instead of looking like a racist, homophobic unprofessional ass, he winds up looking like he's also a sexist, unprofessional, non-media-savvy, clueless ass who is stuck on himself and thinks coming on to women and basically sexually harrassing them is a form of "activism". Nice going. Thanks for playing.

This is incredibly stupid and I think at this point everyone should be particularly done with one James O'Keefe. He's attention-whoring. Don't feed the troll.

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...