Wednesday, June 16, 2010

BP--fissures in sea-bed? Million gallons a day?



This story is anger-provoking for me:


Scientists provided a new estimate for the amount of oil gushing from the ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday that indicates it could be leaking up to 2.52 million gallons of crude a day.

A government panel of scientists said that the ruptured well is leaking between 1.47 million and 2.52 million gallons of oil daily. The figures move the government's worst-case estimates more in line with what an independent team had previously thought was the maximum size of the spill.


And more, here.

Oh, and some more info about Corexit.

The long story made short about Corexit is that it was designed to break up long-chain organic molecules. You are probably made of those. I know I am. And so are all those sea critters the Gulf ecosystem depends on. Everything I hear about this mess makes me sadder and sadder.,

No comments:

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...