Sunday, March 2, 2008

Now, this is where history meets the germline.

This is what I'm talking about.

One of my very first posts was on the idea that we are all the descendants of glorious bastards--we all are a part of history. Well, this little article is about how the heavy-hitters of history have a special part in all our bloodlines-- we, my dear readers, all of us, are the descendants most probably, of somebody...cool.

Yes, I know. I giggled a little up my sleeve too, when I thought about it. I was pretty much resigned to William the Conqueror, and suspicious of Charlemagne being in the stew, as a person of largely European, and mostly British Isles, extraction, but the idea of not merely Genghis Khan but Mohammed the Prophet is too rich, my dears.

The notion one can glean, I suppose, is nothing biologically succeeds like success. But the short of the long is sheer Disney--it *is* a small world, after all. And I dig it.

No comments:

TWGB: And the Portions are Too Small!

  The downtrodden billionaire schlump, Donald Trump, has laid bare his soul to move us to pity and fear (first as tragedy, then as farts) by...