Sunday, December 11, 2022

The Twitter Follies

 


I am more or less accusing Elon Musk of tooling his $44B vanity buy to the "audience of one" called Trump--and I have no idea why. The so-called "Twitter Files" revolve around the supposed suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story and the eventual removal of Trump's Twitter account post-1/6, and in both cases, the decision-making doesn't seem to have been particularly biased, but concerned for whether the social media company was behaving responsibly with respects to evolving situations--in one case, a potential disinformation threat by foreign actors with the intent of influencing a US election, and in the other, a homegrown domestic terrorism plot apparently headed by that country's very own lame duck leader. 

There's no great reason to produce Trump-centric content now, is there? The man is old and beat and twice-impeached and I don't think the smart money is on his line.  He's just a balance sheet of lawsuits and liabilities from here on out. He's what you might call a spent force. 

And after promoting the dimmest possible voter fraud stories, now the Chiclet-headed former supposed leader of the free world is on his probably-an-SEC-scam Truth Social, acting like the way he was treated by social media was the biggest scandal of all time, and maybe the suppression of the laptop story was what really cost him his second term. 


If only they let him smear Joe Biden's son all over the wall, maybe Trump wouldn't have had to depend on his actual record of actually being president for four years, which definitely wasn't enough to get him over the line. 

This kind of thinking is exactly how he lost. When uprisings and lockdowns and protests and whatever happened all over 2020 happened and Trump tried to pretend this wasn't his America while he was the actual president. Like a loser. 

This is what we're looking at. Trump needs to blame his failure to perform on other people, and Elon Musk, supposedly super stable genius richest guy in the world, is ruining Tesla and wrecking Twitter in order to support TrumpWorld conspiracy theories.  When I look at this happening on Twitter, where I basically live and hang, I think of being a monk tasting champagne for the first time, but instead of stars, it tastes like distilled stupidity. 

Elon, to speak directly to someone who doesn't know me or care, we're the same age. If I had a trans kid I would love them, if I had a bunch of ex-partners I'd feel no regrets, and if I had billions of dollars falling out my ass I'd try not to fuck that thing up. Why is this difficult? How is right wing trolling more rewarding than fucking working on doing shit in space and making electric cars the next big thing?  Like, dude? Priorities?  How is someone Elon Musk and getting redpilled into Russia/RW/Nazi loop bullshit?  It's literally death on a stick. What the entire fuck? 

Anyways, I'm not sure what traction the cherry-picked "transparency" is supposed to get in the mainstream media but it deserves none, because when your social media buy becomes a ghost town, what happens on it stays on it. And if that's the tree you want to bark up for approval, you will stay barking like a trained seal for clicks and likes and vice-signaling "My pronouns are" jokes until you could basically puke your own toenails for the mad boring repetition of it all. 

And am I supposed to feel mad that Libs of TikTok was shut down because her work is basically sending sociopathic flying monkeys in the direction of soft targets with the intention of terroristic threats up to actual harm?  Give me a break--her feed is damaging trash. 

I'm not part of the Twitter diaspora because I don't know what another home would look like. Facebook makes me hate people I actually know in real life. I don't want to know the shortcomings of the other freak gatherings. But I think Twitter Future looks like Elon Musk gets therapy and stops being a total lamer and someone else runs the show, because this fucking sucks. 


No comments:

Justice Alito Should Pack it In

  Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito is facing calls to recuse himself from cases involving the 2020 presidential election after reports em...