Tuesday, January 4, 2022

As Always, WTF, Florida?

 

You know, for the rest of my life, I am going to hear Donald Trump saying "Slow the testing down!" in my head. I thought then, and I think now, that this is a kind of criminal negligence. It's a wretched game to pretend that we don't really have a problem because we have very determinedly "not looked" at it for political reasons. It's the same game played when people try that "people dying with COVID-19, not of COVID-19". They are trying to minimize the problem by asserting "Oh well, people are always dying of something." Just like blaming the death toll on olds, disableds, and fats, instead of recognizing that disease strikes communities and communities needs to protect themselves and have a good defense.

Clearly, Ron DeSantis' Surgeon General is a problematic person to opine on matters regarding COVID-19, and that is, apparently, why De Santis chose him. Sure, he's lizard-people curious and demon-sperm adjacent, but that's no reason to discriminate against his very considered opinion, right?

And it seems really superfluous to requirements that Ladopo is anti-testing anyway, since DeSantis has already made every attempt to try and quash proper recording of Florida's COVID-19 statistics in order to look good. But DeSantis is a man on a mission.

How else would I explain Gov. DeSantis' disappearance from the public eye to emerge at a COVID-19 hootenanny? With his wife in tow, undergoing cancer treatment and presumed immunocompromised?  Clearly, DeSantis is firmly in the party of "giving exactly zero shits whatsoever about COVID-19" except for maybe asking for more monoclonal antibodies, please. But this is what he subjects his family to, for political reasons (and I see no gun to the Florida First Lady's head, so maybe this is her bag, too? After all, she let this man use her babies as political props, so whatever, right?) 

When I look at Ron DeSantis, I see a man who would cap his own parents if he thought being an orphan would benefit him in the slightest. This is only marginally an exaggeration. I would exaggerate a little bit about COVID-19 just to be fair, but it outdoes itself on the regular so I don't have to bother. 

Anyway he's a very distant 2nd to Trump in any 2024 primary showdown pregaming and I actually hope he gets tossed out as governor this year. There is no reason his calculated destructiveness should pay off. 

UPDATE: It would be mean for me to speculate about this, but "be nicer" was absolutely not one of my New Year's resolutions.


No comments:

Kristi Noem, Dog Assassin

  SD Gov. Kristi Noem is getting a roasting over her depiction of killing a backwards "untrainable" puppy as well as a smelly goat...