Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Is Trump Truly This Stupid? Or is He a Psychopath?




So, let's say I'm a little paranoid about radon, so I test my house for radon, but I don't have any. No matter how often I test, we're not finding it. More tests wouldn't change that. You find radon if it's there. We're finding more cases because the cases are there. The only reason I can think of for his continuing to repeat something this dumb is...he really did slow down the testing because it made him look bad and is now trying to justify it by saying it was actually a good thing.

He doesn't take any responsibility. It seems like it's because he doesn't see the actual fact of the number of cases and deaths as the problem, so much as the perception they create.

I guess it is conceivable that some people are that stupid though. I mean, let's say I didn't have WMD's in my house, but my neighbors kept looking for them...

UPDATE: Oh. Shit.



2 comments:

bowtiejack said...

The answer is BOTH! Really.
He's not Hannibal Lector (Lector is smart), but they're both psychopaths.

The Psychopath in Chief
https://medium.com/@tony_schwartz/the-psychopath-in-chief-aa10ab2165d9

https://medium.com/@vgwcct/a-duty-to-differentially-diagnose-the-validity-underpinning-the-diagnosis-of-the-president-371354142a02


Vixen Strangely said...

I think that makes sense--many psychopaths can at least think about how other people react to things, even if they lack empathy, in order to be better manipulators. But Trump not only lacks empathy but imagination--his manipulation is usually the blunt force approach.

TWGB: This Situation is not Hypothetical

  In today's SCOTUS hearing, Samuel Alito argued that immunity for former presidents is good, actually, because without it, ex-presiden...