Friday, March 20, 2020

A Person of Her Word



I have talked my share of smack about Rep. Gabbard with respects to her penchant for going on Fox News to run down fellow Democrats (I have kept my opinions of her "present" vote regarding the Trump impeachment to myself), but I have to give her credit for doing as she said she would--throwing her support to the probable nominee at the end of her race. I see the endorsement as also being a measure of saying she isn't planning a third party run, and I think she can certainly try to run for congress again. She's leaving on an honorable note, and I respect that. I'll go so far as to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

Her endorsement may piss off people who saw her as aligned with Sen. Sanders, but being aligned on some policies or political views doesn't always mean automatic support. Her support can't do Sanders any major favors and it isn't owed (as I've said about Senator Warren as well). It's entirely her choice to make as an independent person. She using her endorsement to say something about the status of the primary.

No comments:

Vance Walked into This So Hard

  KAITLAN COLLINS: So you agree that people who break in and vandalize a building should be prosecuted? JD VANCE: Yes COLLINS: Ok, I'm...