Wednesday, January 8, 2020

RIP Buck Henry



I tried to explain to my spouse what he would have seen Buck Henry in and had to stop myself, because although we are the same age, I am a little older than him in terms of watching tv and that. And I guess it also happens that his genius was being the poker-face kind of actor even if he had a mad genius wit so some of his characters were maybe not the guy you remember the most? I think the thing I liked best was Get Smart which influenced my lifelong love of the cold war spy send-up. He was just associated with so much good-quality comedic stuff. He had that ear for satire. I'm going to have to find "Quark" because it seems like it was very deeply also my kind of thing. He came off like he was not just sharp and funny, but a cool guy.

I'll try to find "Taking Off" and watch that, too.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Way-sorry to hear this — He was great. Among the heap of stuff he was involved-in/created was his front-desk guy in ‘The Graduate’ He was great on so many levels, even as Liz Lemon’s dad on ‘30 Rock,
Yes, RIP!

bluzdude said...

He hosted SNL a bunch of times; I mostly remember him visiting the "Samauri Deli."

Kristi Noem, Dog Assassin

  SD Gov. Kristi Noem is getting a roasting over her depiction of killing a backwards "untrainable" puppy as well as a smelly goat...