Sunday, October 8, 2017

Senator Corker Uncorks One

When the President of the United States goes on Twitter and behaves like this:

He shouldn't be surprised at a response like this:

I think it's meaningful to point out that the reason Sen. Corker gave for choosing not to run again, in part, was this:

Corker alluded to his disagreements with the direction of Trump’s presidency in his statement, saying: “The most important public service I have to offer our country could well occur over the next 15 months.”

“I want to be able to do that as thoughtfully and independently as I did the first 10 years and nine months of my Senate career,” Corker said.
There's a part of me that likes the sound of Option Three in this piece from FiveThirtyEight.

1 comment:

Harry Hamid said...

That sounds hopeful.

The tweet by Senator Corker, I mean, not the embarrassing three tweets before it.

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...