Friday, July 28, 2017

McCain Voted No.



And maybe that wasn't the upset vote of all time, but it was great. It followed on Collins and Murkowski, who stayed true to the idea that their constituents mattered more than the pride of the current POTUS, but it matters that McCain said "No".

I held out hope. I have dragged his old ass before and I always was ready to do it again. But I don't have to, now. He voted "no". And a protective circle is now set-up for Lisa Murkoswski because of her vote, and for Susan Collins, because we don't ever forget. And thanks to every Dem who stood firm. And this never could have happened if not for the activists, their visibility, their phone calls. But the thing I take away with wonder--McCain voted "No". I was so prepared for him to disappoint me. I still feel like he could.

But he voted "no" this one time.

No comments:

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...