Friday, July 7, 2017

A Little Economics Lesson



Just to use coal as an example, if I had a gas furnace, I could have several tons of coal at my disposal at a very low price, and want exactly none of it, because my heat does not depend on coal. I would have to consider whether it would be worth it to me to switch from a city utility to a coal delivery scheme where I get a coal burning furnace for some reason. But coal being available and cheap isn't necessarily going to sell me if it isn't a reliably-priced, environmentally-better choice than what I'm already using. I suppose you could find a market for condom-vending machines in Vatican City if you had the gumption to try it, but I think there are a lot of problems with a model of "supply creating demand".

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...