Saturday, June 17, 2017

They Let off Philando Castile's Killer

I thought they would let off the officer who fatally shot Philando Castile, just like they let off the killer of Alton Sterling.  I don't like it, but that's how it was.

What is a man's life? These men were and then were not. Lived and then did not. I feel like this is not justice and I do not know where his people can go to find it. I think of that baby who watched a man shoot Philando Castile, and I can't get beyond mad. Because that innocent baby watched an innocent man die, and lives a life knowing this is a thing that happens, to innocent people. Like law isn't even for everyone.

It should be. But this decision says otherwise.

1 comment:

mikey said...

Indeed. Not surprised. And I can't find any real hope it will change. Even if the current administration destroys the electoral prospects of the Republican party for a generation, there is an odd American bent toward authoritarianism - many people today are more fearful than thankful for their constitutional protections. And the police see themselves as an occupying force, and the urban population as insurgents....

The Mayorkas Impeachment was Mercy-Killed

  JUST IN: The Senate has killed a second article of impeachment against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, ending the House G...