Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I Don't Even Know, But I'll Leave this Here


It's been a little while since I mentioned the stupidity of how some folks want to relate to the sacrifice of Muslim-majority nations in the Global fight on terror when it happens to be Islamic-based

I don't really have anything else to add. If Trump is contacting King Abdullah of Jordan because he inadvertently (we assume, charitably) burned a Jordanian source and means to apologize, I don't even know what I want to say. But...

I am sorry our democracy has produced someone so inadequate as to fail the relationship we should have with our nearest allies in the struggle against the ISIS threat. I recognize, even if our current President does not, that Muslims are so often the main target of ISIS' violence(and even still, the threat of al-Qaeda). And if the Islamic allies that the US still has are soured on the United States' comradeship because of this event, I consider it my challenge to work to place better, wiser, more understanding government officials in place, who understand the sensitive relationship between stable regional governments, and extremist groups that have no capacity to govern. I do not know that my current government has this understanding, but maybe they can listen if approached with a will to inform.

That is all I can do with them.  Hope. And with my little platform, maybe inform--if not my government, then anyone who might listen.

No comments:

Oh Look, We Found GA Voter Fraud

 It turns out, it was the GOP all along--or anyway, there was an election-denier who weirdly enough submitted multiple ineligible GOP ballot...