Thursday, February 23, 2017

I'm a Big Deal in Romania

Ok, so I don't know what this is all about, but it seems like whenever there is news about how Donald Trump is basically so owned because of Eastern European Hackers working at the behest of Vladimir Putin (p.s., I highly recommend the book The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election by Malcolm Nance--it's a great explainer of how we ended up with 17 US intelligence agencies thinking Russia was trying to manipulate the outcome of the 2016 presidential election--you might not agree, but it's well-sourced and the result of multitudes of reporting) I get a spike in blog visits from Romania.

I have an English-language only D-list political blog that doesn't really concentrate on foreign policy that much. These sort of "false-positive" Romanian-located hits don't make a lot of sense, but only really started after about May 2016. Is this a thing other political blogs have been experiencing? May 2016 is right about when the DNC leak was reported right? I don't think this has anything to do with spamming, because no spam comments. But what are the visits for?     

I dunno, I just wouldn't mind other, smarter bloggers' input about this weird phenomenon.        

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...