Thursday, October 1, 2015

Netanyahu at the UN




Iran has said "Death to America" I don't even know how many times. I don't think Iran could polish us off. I don't think they have a reason to. I'm sure there are Iranians who don't have great use for Israel, but there's always been a not-so-secret-secret that Israel probably already is nuclear-capable. Israel, I have no doubt, can defend itself. I know, because the bulldozed blocks and the shorn olive trees tell me what Netanyahu's vision of Israel means.

I am for being an ally, generally, of Israel. I am not sure I like being an ally of Netanyahu. If he meant to start something with Iran at this point in time, as if all the rest of the world (Iraq, Syria, Yemen, ISIL, stuff around the corner) did not exist, I think he'd be as alone as a very alone thing. I think his stare at that UN audience was trying to see if any sympathy existed. And he thought it should. And there was not, I think, what he expected.

No comments:

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...