Wednesday, April 23, 2014

You know, I have My Eye On Rand Paul. As a Snark-blogger, you see.

I am torn on how I want to be about Rand Paul. Now, if you asked me in 2010 how I felt about Rand Paul, I'd have told you right out he's an idiot and his dad's a freaking crank-ass idiot. The pair of them are all flirty with neo-Confederates and full of anecdotal non sequitur bullshit aimed at knocking the fearsome power of government over the rights of citizens and all that. And of course there's the whole libertarian-by-day, social conservative by night conundrum: by what standard would somebody regulate women's bodies if they think it's hands-off for coal companies where government is concerned? Is a d&c comparatively that much more negatively socially impactful than pneumoconiosis at large in any coal community? I don't have stats for that--I just want my readers to think on that a bit. At any rate, a number of blokes were never pinned down and likely to die over any collapse in a vagina. Just saying.

And I've even considered whether he might be an OK VP pick for Romney in 2012, so I don't even know even know what to say to a suddenly just like a neo-con who for no good reason likes Rand Paul  like Ramesh Ponurru. Huh?

But you know--the Rand Paul revealed quite recently in a handful of vids tastefully slipped on the side to Mother Jones kind of has me in his corner a little. So--he called Dick Cheney a war criminal, basically, and this I liked very much. But also he said maybe Ronaldus Maximus of the House of Reagan wasn't such a hot budgeter. Whocouldhavethunk? 

I want to see this guy go far. I think he could spread some dangerous memes. He's a mental vandal with his reality turned to "spray all the things". I think it would be keen to see Son of Ron Paul kick the slats of the GOP in.

But lord no--I do not think he'd be any kind of president or vice president. That's too silly.

No comments:

Aid For Ukraine Passes in the House

  Yesterday, the US House of Representatives finally passed a measure to send military aid to Ukraine after months of delay: With an overwh...