Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome to A New Year

Seems like it was just last year that I was pointing out that the GOP-dominated House actually was ineffective and Boehner was useless and probably a drunk and that Pelosi was in some ways a real Speaker of the House because she could gather her people. I don't make predictions--but here we go:

I don't think the Dems will take back the House unless the GOP seriously decided to do some kind of completely stupid thing like push a debt ceiling stand-off or somehow shut down the government again...and the Democrats somehow possessed the presence of mind to call them out and capitalize on it. Maybe the GOP might try to repeal Obamacare again even though people have now signed up for it. Maybe the Democrats could seize on the gap in red states where Medicare was not expanded. Who knows? But while I can easily foresee a year in which the Republicans running for office run true to type, I don't easily foresee a year in which Dems actually try to kick all the ass and take all the names.  But that is exactly what needs to happen for the two years following to be way less admixtured with uncertainty and suckage. Which might be why I'm optimistic about the Dems keeping the Senate.

Also, regarding foreign policy--I don't even. Look, I think the most rational policy is to play foreign policy by ear and recognize that other countries are totally doing the same thing. We are all just mostly hoping we don't blow everything up and that our national economies don't get fuxxored.  Except for North Korea. Their economy is already fuxxored and they threaten to blow everything up for a hobby. So I recommend more diplomacy and less thinking military interventions are the thing.

I don't think NK will blow everything up because, wow. Blowing everything up would be hard.

I am going to shovel up some snow even though "Sean Saves the World" is on, now. Thus ends my meaningful 2014 post.

No comments:

TWGB: The Hope Hiccup

  The funny thing about Hope Hicks being the person whose testimony thus far has most atomized Trump's defense is that her job used to ...