Thursday, May 9, 2013

You Know, Goldberg Presciently Already has this Covered

You know, one of the problems with not being able to post as much as I liked the past couple (days? weeks? years? There's always so much to say!) is that I feel like I'm playing catch-up sometimes. I literally can not cover all the things that make me take notice. But this Jason Richwine business is something else.  Now, I could dip back into my archives on race regarding Murray, Sullivan, and Pat Buchanan, and just generally reiterate my disgust with the persistence of race-based theories of IQ and the staggering privilege it takes to utilize that theme as if presenting something bold or useful when it's more like 'in-your-face" and "self-serving" pretty much all the time.

But I will now chill, because the line of reasoning that Richwine is peddling does have a pedigree in conservative circles from time immemorial (aha--this is a useful meme!)  Or rather, we remember the time, but I think I'll refrain from going there. Such lines of reasoning still being too much with us and all that.

1 comment:

Grung_e_Gene said...

See it was proved by White Race Scientists in the 19th century that those extra pigmentation drains brain cells, thus pig-mentally challenged Whites have bigger brains and are smarter.

Kari Lake, the Armor of God, and the Filter of Vaseline

  Kari Lake called on her supporters in Arizona to arm themselves ahead of an “intense” period leading up to the election. “We are going to...