Monday, November 12, 2012

For Veterans' Day, I want to Point out some Good Causes:



I'm a true believer in the assistance that service animals can bring to our lives, so I think an organization like Patriot Paws is really worthy.

Also, I want to point out that for those who don't have much to give but still want to honor the service and sacrifices of our veterans, there is The Veterans' Site via the Greater Good Network. As this grim graphic from Moveon.org shows, there are definitely some shortcomings with respects to how we fully welcome vets back home. We can absolutely do better by people who have done so much for their country.

I definitely critique our government with respect to how it engages in war and the reasons we fight--but I still believe we owe those who have put their lives on the line for our democracy a lot of respect and material support.

No comments:

TWGB: This Situation is not Hypothetical

  In today's SCOTUS hearing, Samuel Alito argued that immunity for former presidents is good, actually, because without it, ex-presiden...