Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Australian PM Julia Gillard calls out the Oppostion's Misogyny



It's a shame I didn't get to this sooner, but it's a fierce, well-spoken, detailed and particular call-out regarding   the bullshit she and other women have put up with from the sort of jackass who needs to drag gender up and throw shade at women for being in politics whilst female, amongst other grievance.

She's not perfect, nor necessarily a feminist role model, and she falls short in my book for not supporting marriage equality (but perhaps there's room for evolution?)--but I don't follow Australian politics closely enough to say anything other than I really do admire this dressing-down, and Tony Abbot is truly only smiling on the outside as the recipient of the brunt of it.

1 comment:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

She's not perfect, nor necessarily a feminist role model, and she falls short in my book for not supporting marriage equality (but perhaps there's room for evolution?)

We have to hope for incremental change. Hopefully, she'll inspire younger women to become more political, and to further push for the expansion of social justice for all persons.

TWGB: Von Shitzinpantz

  Trump: I’m not allowed to testify. I’m under a gag order pic.twitter.com/4qeH81ERWo — Acyn (@Acyn) May 2, 2024 It's hard not to view ...