Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Picture that made me Smile: USMC Homecoming

Via Joe My God.

What can I say? I'm a romantic. I like seeing people happy together. Also, I like that my country has come to accept that gay people in the military are soldiers who happen to be gay, and can be open and demonstrative--and absolutely nothing major happens except romantics like me post the picture and say "See? Is that so bad?"

As to the haters--well--is it, really? Because I sleep better when I think other people are happy and true to themselves, and don't like to think that others might have to live less-fulfilling lives because of small-minded bullshit. Also, I honestly can not imagine, for even a minute, what it must be like to wake up on any given morning, and ask myself--"How can I make life shit for the gays?" for any reason.  Even if it was spectacularly lucrative. Which I can't imagine it really is.

Maybe it's because I had a crush on Lynda Carter and Cher as a wee'yun and knew I was a little different that way myself. But I never once thought--"Hey--how do I stop anyone from loving someone else who loves them back?" Because the only logical answer to that is: "Screw off, act your age not your shoe size and mind your own beeswax."

Or,  look at a picture like this and just see happiness. That might be instructive as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IS AND THAT IS ALL THAT IT IS ... THERE ARE NO LIMITS ON HOW MUCH WE MAY GIVE AND THERE ARE NO LIMITS ON HOW MUCH WE MAY RETURN ... LIKE SMILES AND KINDNESS ... LOVE IS ...
UNLIMITED.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, beautiful photo.

And I'm a straight guy... straight but not narrow!

I've been married almost 40 years to the same woman.

Why should it diminish my marriage if other people of the same sex marry?

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...